What is Principal Recyclable Material”?”
A principal recyclable material is the waste material that is found in the largest quantity in a property or company waste stream. It is usually assessed in terms of weight. This waste varies by business type; for instance, in an office, the principle recyclable material is paper while in a food service environment and retail store, it may range from the food remnants, to cardboards and other wrapping material. In mechanical businesses, it is largely scrap metal.
Identifying Your Principal Waste
Identifying the principle waste material in your business can be done by simply observing your waste stream and noting the key component that makes up its bulk. Sometimes when it’s not so obvious, one has to use other analytical methods that would include isolation and or sorting, weighing and measuring the volume of all the materials classified as waste in your business.
The concept of liability on the recycling of this material is usually an individual business responsibility. However, certain situations come up where the responsibility can be passed on to a second party.
- If you have leased a business space that is part of a shopping complex, the responsibility of identifying the principal waste and setting up the various recycling procedures primarily lies on the hands of the property owner. He should clearly set up relevant mechanisms that enable the various tenants deal with individual waste while he collectively manages all the waste recycling procedures.
- If you own a business space that is attached to another premise, you are responsible for this waste recycling protocol. Some statutes ask you to implement the recycling of your principal recyclable as well as an extra principal recyclable material (if applicable).
- If you own several small businesses, you are required to calculate the principal recyclables separately for each business, unless the businesses are located alongside each other.
Implementing Disposal Procedures
It’s important for a business to set up elaborate trash pickup or garbage pick up procedures. Despite the fact that the subject is primarily observed by many people as an environmental ethics process, it has been proven to have financial rewards for businesses.
Recycling can be used to establish a new source of income as well as saving on current expenditure. Think of it as trying to establish a self-sustaining system in the material usage of that business.
Trash to Recycling
Most of the pickup companies sell their trash to recycling companies. While it is considered waste to your business, these companies and individuals earn something from it.
A good recycling company can service your business by picking the waste while your business benefits by selling the waste to them.
Practically almost all waste material in a business is recyclable: from the huge piles of used office paper, cardboards, plastic material, metal, used oil, and others. You’ll find that you’ll be able to analyze your waste, separate it and finally identify recycling companies that will be interested in buying the materials for recycling.
- A principal recyclable material is the waste material that is found in the largest quantity in a property or company waste stream
- The concept of liability on the recycling of this material is usually an individual business responsibility
- Most of the pickup companies sell their trash to recycling companies
- Practically almost all waste material in a business is recyclable
If your company is looking to recycle more effectively, contact us today!